We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic lab manager with great communication skills who will grow along with the company. You will be managing the day to day running of our molecular biology, cell culture and chemistry laboratories. You will be happy to jump in when required and able to participate in an exciting and dynamic work environment.
The position is a mix of office and lab-based work demanding an enthusiastic and proactive mindset, good organisational skills, an ability for problem solving and great communication skills. The successful candidate will be given opportunities for training and development and will be encouraged to contribute to implementing new technologies and processes. This role requires the person to be on site five days per week, full time (37 hours per week) or reduced hours (30hrs per week) are an option.
- Management of molecular biology, cell biology and chemistry labs.
- Maintaining laboratory stocks, ordering supplies and equipment.
- Negotiating with suppliers for bulk buying and standing orders to obtain the best value for money.
- Co-ordinating delivery, installation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Preparing and maintaining inventories e.g. equipment logs, service contracts etc.
- QC of key reagents, communication of results internally and liaising with suppliers about quality.
- Communicating best practice and processes across the company (for example correct temperature storage, processes to avoid sample contamination, establishing processes for easy sample location).
- Ensuring health and safety policies are maintained and followed.
- Performing lab induction of new starters.
- Liaising with waste management contractors.
- Co-ordinating facilities management with the Oxford Science Park and external contractors.
Job Requirements Essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Experience in laboratory management.
- BSc in a biology related discipline.
- Willingness to use initiative and take on responsibility.
- Collaborative attitude and strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Good IT skills (ability to use Word, excel, one-note, power point).
- Experience of laboratory management in a small biotech setting.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as PCR or in vitro transcription translation.
- Experience with handling protein samples.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Experience of working with Oxford Science Park.
- Experience with FACS or flow cytometry