The framework of Orbit is built on the strength of our team
Support and opportunity with Orbit
Orbit offers a competitive package and benefits associated with a fast moving start-up company. We have an open and collaborative culture and pride ourselves on the inclusive philosophy within the organization.
4 weeks ago
Research Scientist Level 2 – Platform Development
Overview of the Role We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic, and diligent Research Scientist (level 2) to join our development team. You will be working within Orbit’s Core Technology group and will play a key role in supporting development of new capabilities in our peptide screening platform. You will deploy diverse techniques to support different stages of platform development, as well as perform screens to identify hit peptides for drug discovery. Work will involve the use of many techniques such as (emulsion) PCR, qPCR, flow cytometry, flow sorting, microfluidic systems, next generation sequencing and some bioinformatics. Training will be provided but a good understanding of molecular biology with experience with any of these techniques would be an advantage, as would previous experience with other display or screening technologies (such as phage display). You will also prepare data for reports and presentations within the company and assist in the drafting and review of laboratory protocols. The position is a lab-based role, demanding an enthusiastic and proactive mindset, along with good organisational skills, an ability for problem solving, flexibility and attention to detail. The successful candidate will be given opportunities for training and development and will be encouraged to contribute to implementing new technologies and processes. Page Break Job Responsibilities
- Independently design, perform and analyse experiments.
- Handling and preparation of beads for analysis by flow cytometry.
- Performing binding and sorting (FACS) experiments.
- Preparing, running, analysing and interpreting next generation sequencing.
- Performing PCR, in vitro transcription translation and other assays as required.
- Analyse, interpret and summarise results for presentation at internal meetings.
- Contributing to discussions and sharing research findings with colleagues.
- Documenting research findings clearly in an electronic lab book.
- Assist in producing and collating procedures, guidelines and reports.
- Prepare project plans and reports.
- Contribute to general lab duties.
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively to meet changing demands of projects.
- PhD in a biology related discipline or MSc in a biology related discipline with a minimum of four years of laboratory experience.
- Broad knowledge of biological sciences with an emphasis on molecular biology or protein binding.
- Ability to design and perform experiments using molecular biology techniques such as PCR or qPCR.
- Ability to perform basic analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western blot or ELISA.
- Practical experience of assay development.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Capable of troubleshooting technical issues and ability to develop a solid understanding of the direction and design of a given project.
- Ability to independently research and identify solutions to technical questions.
- Practical experience of flow cytometry or FACS.
- Experience with other display technologies or screening platforms.
- Experience with next generation sequencing and bioinformatics.
- Practical experience with SMALPs or nanodiscs.
2 months ago
At Orbit Discovery, we focus on therapeutics peptide discovery using a unique and novel technology platform. We are seeking a technically qualified business development specialist to extend our global reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build our brand. The role will require independence as we seek to drive revenue and offers the opportunity to build the team further as a result of their success. Objectives of this Role
- Increase sales of the business
- Managing both our existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities
- In conjunction with R&D, take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Foster and develop relationships with customers and clients
- think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- manage a contact management system
- attend seminars, conferences and events, where appropriate, to share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- keep abreast of trends and changes in the peptide discovery market
- help to plan sales campaigns
- negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
- carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management
- develop the business sales and marketing strategy, in particular by managing the website and company external social media presence
- Bachelor’s degree or PhD in biological science or chemistry
- 2-3 years experience and successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation preferably in a service driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with sales techniques
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources
- Experience with therapeutic peptide biology or discovery
- Ability to deliver presentations
Work with us
Orbit is always interested in scientists with experience in molecular biology, assay development, protein expression. If you feel that you have the necessary qualities, we would like to hear from you.